Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Something to be Thankful For

Wow! Thanksgiving is upon us, and I'm happy to report some great news to be thankful for!

Little Bunny Kung Fu's been discovered by Borders Bookstore and they have chosen me for their "Original Voice" Award.

Here's a blurb about the award:
The Award --- consisting of a $5,000 cash prize --- recognizes "innovative and ambitious" new books and music from emerging artists, and will be presented in January to one winner in each of five categories.

Children's books is a category, and I'll be the Feb pick, so I guess Jan 09 I may win (fingers crossed).

I'm just thrilled to be going into my second major printing. I'll be tweaking the cover a little to make it a little less serious (a chance for me to include some things I've wanted to have in the first cover). They've got an order for 4500 so far! Hopefully the other big bookstores will want in on some LBKF, too, now.

I'll report when I find out more. I'm just so blown away. My own personal belief is that God is love, so when that book buyer fell in love with my book, I've got God to thank for that. Man, Life's a hoot!

No comments: