Sunday, July 10, 2005

Twitterpated!

Oh, these owls are great!

I sold two today and overall I've sold 8! And each person who has bought one had a great story about an owl and their family. The nice lady today had rehabilitated one and was able to release it back into the wild where it learned to hunt and feed itself. Another man had more of an owl fiasco when his pet lovebird was hanging out on the patio at dusk and was mistaken for a happy meal by a neighboring owl (the lovebird made it through the attack on it's protective cage, but the owl hangs out and looks through the windows at it from time to time... creepy but funny). One lady was getting them for her husband's birthday present, and seemed genuinely relieved to have gotten him something original. And my patrons are telling me they'll be sending in their friends.

I was able to meet Frances the wildlife keeper at the Austin Science & Nature center and she supplied me with some brochures about their adoption program. I'm going to take a portion of the proceeds and adopt an owl. I've got to make a little display that shows that the sales will go toward helping take care of real owls. I figure if I sell the bookmarks I had printed for a dollar each... we could end up sponsoring several owls!

And Frances told a friend about my artwork, and she's contacted me, too. What's even cooler is this person might bring in a real live owl! Oh, it would be soooooo cool! I would have the coolest party in town!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who am I?
Who Who , Who Who.

Regan said...

Hmmmm...

Who Who, Who Who
Doc tor, Dad dy?