Sunday, August 14, 2005

The work continues...

I've had some after art show sales this past week that were encouraging: Gone but not forgotten sorta thing. The one lady who bought the Chinese Tea piece called me back to make sure she understood my hastily scribbled framing suggestions. Another lady bought my owl drawing that was in the window, and another had a customized Hedwig owl print made for a friend.

My meeting with Lester went well, too. His house was like a slice out of England, not that it was full of English stuff, it was just full of stuff and that made it more European feeling. Now I see why my friend from Paris said our place reminded her of Europe! We got lots of stuff out and on display. Lester had the red metal phone booth in front of his house, and his pool out back had an old fashioned green metal street lamp with the big white glass globes on the lights. And he showed us his work study where he's dabbled in everything: he was a medal winning glass engraver, he refurbishes carousel horses, he's a writer, a defensive driving instructor, English tour guide, and on and on (not to mention old Santa had quite the swimsuit calendar collection... mmhmmmm....). His family is very nice and all complemented me on my art. Spending an hour at his place was a real treat.

I've looked at the calendar and realized I'm running out of "year." I've got to get cracking on Kichi in Jungle Jeopardy so I make the October deadline, and I need to update my freakin' website before I go to these conferences this fall. And then I expect I'll be getting holiday requests soon, too.

If my business increases next year as much as it's increased from last year, I may need to go to UT and coerce a art major to be my intern!

No comments: