Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Forced Shut in

Well, someone up there thinks I need to stay home and work a few extra days. Today the store was closed, and the forecast tomorrow looks like I'll probably call off since it won't rise above freezing till 3pm or later and the city's a big ball of ice. The thought of my being in a car and sliding unable to control where it's going gives me vertigo, like looking into an abyss. So unless the sun rises without a cloud in the sky and the temp. is in the 50s, I don't think I'll be on the road. I trust Mike to be able to handle the roads since he's a yankee, but even he can work at home so he won't try going unless it's driveable.

I can see working from home will take some discipline. It's hard to not get distracted, and at the same time it's kind of hard to stop, too. I'd probably have to set a schedule with breaks and stuff so it was even and predictable.

My internal clock's all messed up because I slept in, then worked till dinner, had a nap (at like 7pm!), then watched a movie and now I'm wide awake at 12:30 am. That wouldn't cut it if I were working from home, I'd become a crazy person... or crazier than normal. My mom would call at 4pm and I'd be all "Do you have any idea what time it is?!" (just kidding, Mom).

This is also unfair to the pup, who'll think he has two stay at home parents now.

No comments: