Thursday, September 08, 2005

New Prospects

I heard last night about a teaching position and I've put my name in. It's with an Art academy and would be an after school type program. It's part time, but it could lead to other things and be good experience.

I've also been invited to do some illustrations for Blooming Tree Press's Summer Shorts anthology for next year. They need black and white line art pieces (so they won't have grayscale like the ones I'm doing for Kichi now). I actually love line art, it's pretty much what I did in all those printmaking classes. I'd love a chance to maybe even do a woodcut print. There are some children's illustrators who do woodcuts, and I always sit and salivate all over them. I think kids love the look of woodcuts because in a way they look like a big intricate stamp.

I actually have a half finished woodcut of a red panda in a tree I'd started before it got so blazing hot outside. Maybe I can finish it as it gets cooler.

That's one thing about doing art full time, if I could I would have time to do more time consuming techniques like printmaking. So at some point I'll realize I'm losing money by keeping the day job, but that point of time had better really obvious, like God bonking me on the head obvious.

I'm still tripping the light fantastic on my pain killers, so I don't trust myself on the Kichi stuff today. I may do some non artsy stuff like just scanning in the drawings maybe. It's funny how much art stuff has noooooo need for artistic skill. Scanning, printing, trimming, emailing, cleaning, researching... even when I transfer a drawing to canvas it's pretty much a mindless activity because I've already drawn it.

Well, off I go to be as productive as my cloudy little mind will let me be...

No comments: