Sunday, September 11, 2005

Tree of Life

To break up the monotony of working on Kichi, I've started a project for "me." I think it will be a strong piece and has potential both as a good promotional tool and possibly a coloring book.

It's a pretty big piece consisting mostly of a gigantic tree that is full of animals of all sorts: birds, mammals, reptiles... It's another ensemble piece like the Victorian Ark and Who's Who, but I think this one has a more environmental/spiritual tone. The trunk of the tree has a subtle hourglass figure to suggest a female/mother nature presence. I love the idea of all these different animals in this giant tree representing the circle of life and harmony and balance. There's such a diversity even among animals that hang out in trees: leopards, anteaters, bears, monkeys, birds, racoons, ect... I think it will be a meaningful painting, even though all those branches may drive me nuts.

When it's sketched in I'll scan it and post it here.

No comments: