Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Armadillocon

And here's where I reveal my nerdy nerdiness!

I'm in negotiations, you could say, with the directors of Austin's big/huge sci-fi convention Armadillocon (isn't that cute?!) which is in August, about being in their Art Show. This would be quite the feather in the Captain Kirk hat. They draw in hundreds of eager trekkies who, think what you will, are die hard fantasy fans and they are great fun for artists.

I'm a member of www.epilogue.net which is a premier fantasy art website gallery. My own site is http://regan.epilogue.net and you can read all the comments I get from fans. The comment on my Chinese Humpty Dumpty made me shoot coke out of my nose:

"HaHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaahahahahahaha.....coff.... hahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahhahahaahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha,....... DIE EGGY, DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Now, as an artist, you have to love that! That painting's hanging in our Zen bedroom, and I'll walk in and smile and think, "Die Eggy!"

And Sci-Fi conventions are great for those of us on the fringe and definitely outside what could be called 'normal.' It's like Halloween/Carnival time and people are friendly and crazy. I hope I can get in the show if only for the great comedy material I'm sure to gather while I'm manning the table and talking to Wookies and Klingons.

No comments: