Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The nose is connected to the hand...

What do you do when you're painting and you suddenly sneeze?

A. Hold it in, and risk blowing out your ears...

B. Cover you mouth with your dominant right hand that's currently holding a loaded paintbrush, then later wonder when you grew red, yellow, and green colored eyebrows...

C. Sneeze freely and hope the layers of varnish you've applied are enough to protect the innocent...

D. Train yourself to cover your mouth with your LEFT hand, and hope the papertowel you'd been using as a blotter won't smear paint all over your face, as seen in choice B.

E. None of the above, you go take some more allergy medicine and zone out to lala land.

Well, for me, if I do B, C, and D anymore, I'm picking E.

Never had much luck painting or concentrating in lala land. I think it's a misnomer that all artists like to work in a blissful purple haze. Chances are I'd have to redo everything when it cleared. You think drunk dialing on the phone is embarrassing? Woohoo... Put the paintbrush down, Regan, and back away slowly... (voiced by my inner rigid Left Brain).

So more anti-sneezyfit meds, perogies, and cartoons for me. I WILL NOT touch the owls, for fear I'd find a cuckoo in there later. *sigh* It'd just be a little cuckoo...

No comments: