Thursday, May 05, 2005

Back to Work

Who knew Texas was crawling with so many beautiful wildflowers? I've been driving around and noticed a multicolored blur, but over the weekend, Mike and his folks took me to the TX Wildflower Museum and I saw the flowers up close.

So much diversity and color range. Butterflies and dragonflies and hummingbirds were lured to land on and drink from them despite the gawking museum patrons. We had a break in the weather, too, in the high 70s and low 80s.

And I was inspired to include texas wildflowers in a commission I'm doing. When it's done, I'll scan it and include it.

So... back to work after a nice little break. I told Mike he's to kick me out of bed if I don't do at least one art piece during the day. He seems surprisingly enthusiastic about his new husbandly duty.

No comments: