Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Nibbles Galore...

Feeling good business wise... Had two new projects fall in my lap today. One for a set of stationary (Dinosaurs! Woohoo, I get to get all prehistoric!), and a business card for a gentleman with a home repair business (who unfortunately was working on a friends house which had burst a pipe and flooded two rooms). I'd just sent off a couple of jobs on Friday, so it's nice to have more paying jobs come in. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic!

And I'm starting in earnest on a hopefully successful project for my show in July. It will consist of a huge painting that has 45 different owls perched on 5 rows, and a collection of individual watercolors and prints. Why Owls? Well, I've always liked them, and July is the big release month for the next Harry Potter book, and I'm going to be shamelessly riding on that gravy train!
I'm contemplating a title for the project: The Owl Project (a little dry), Owls of the World (... "UNITE!" I want to say right afterwards), Hootin' & Tootin' (while scientifically accurate, probably not marketable), or maybe just Owls by Regan (hey, gotta like my name in there).

Ok, Independence Day is on while I'm working... Jeez... Why am I tryin for reality with my artwork, the human race'll swallow anything... sigh...

I'm really enjoying working on all these owls. I have about 8 pages of resource photos I'm working from and had to number them to figure out which owl is which. It's like a crazy family reunion. They're all owls, but they're all kinds of different shapes and colors and size.

I'll try to scan some art soon so you, the reader, will have some ideas of what's cooking...

No comments: