Monday, June 13, 2005

Can't always be the shiny happy stuff...

Well, lots of good stuff is happening that's been just a blast to record, but to be "fair and balanced" I should also include those hair pulling moments of late:

  • I know not to experiment with a new fangled, untried writing utensil when I'm working on the finish of a painting... and what did I do? Exactly that! So I got a huge black blob of ink on a watercolor that I had to fix by covering up with a separate panel... grr...
  • I'm on revision number 4 for a simple f-ing business card, and usually that means either A. the customer doesn't know what they want or B. the artist isn't getting it right or C. the customer may have a creepy crush and is afraid to see the business relationship come to a close... I, understandably, don't think it's B, and I sure hope it isn't C... grrrrrrr...
  • Either through a mixup in emails or some foul play, the Austin Fall SCBWI conference crit spots may or may not be taken. This is the big local shindig, and the spots go super fast, and I can't find in any of the newsletters any mention of it and it's coming up in October... I'm not alone in my blundering confusion, but it's annoying! grrrrrrrrr....
  • I think I sold a historical encyclopedia to the half price bookstore, because I thought "Hey... when will I ever need any information on the Mayans?" -now I'm doing a book set in Mayan empire... grrrrrrrrrdangitgrrrrrrr....

Ok, so that's in the record...

But I'm still so shiny happy! :)

No comments: