Sunday, June 26, 2005

Harry Potter Crash Course!

Hmmm...

The problem with volunteering my parents for the Midnight Magic Party (Harry Potter is a registered trademark, yaddayadda, so we have to say Midnight Magic, isn't that typical?), the problem is... I get to throw my unsuspecting parents smack dab in the middle of Harry Pot-head central!

I mean about 500 people are going to be passing by them all in costumes, giddy to the extreme about the next book, and wanting to show off their knowledge of the most famous of kid wizards... only, I don't think my parents know too much about him!

So, I'll try assigning a movie rental of the first three movies, and hopefully that will be enough to get by on... Kind of like knowing how to say "Where is the bathroom" and "Take me to the train station" in Spanish or something...

Now, the other thing I get to thrust on my wonderful parents is that they'll be manning the owl table. The owl table will have all this stuff on owls basically, so I suppose they need a crash course in owl ornathology, too.

The up side is that around 5-600 people will be ooo-ing and ahhh-ing over their daughter's artwork, and well, they've had the Regan Johnson trivia crash course. They're really in for a good time, and Mom loves a good party, especially one she didn't have to put together!

As long as they come and have fun I'll be happy, but I just have visions of an 11 year old grilling my dad over who the half blood prince will be :)

No comments: