Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Little Bunny Kung Fu Greenlighted!

All we're waiting for is the paperwork, but Little Bunny Kung Fu is ready and raring to go get published!

Blooming Tree Press is going to be printing it, and they were pleased as punch to have it all done for them! And I mean all done. Finished in fact. We did hammer out a better rhyme meter, but that didn't change the story at all.

Typically this isn't the way a kid's book gets done. Usually you do a couple of finished pieces then hope someone pays you finish the book. Well, I hired myself to finish the book as an exercise in character development and book design. I even thought I would have to print it myself for kicks. This turned out much, much better than I ever thought!

We're hoping for a fall release, in time for the holidays and in time for the Texas Library Assc. meeting in October. Oh, it'll be great!

There's even talk that there might be a toy Little Bunny Kung Fu! That's when it kind of started to hit me... I've got quite a collection of story book plush toys (Toot and Puddle, Babar, Lily and Wemberly, all the wild things...), and the thought of a little white bunny with black ears joining them.... eeeeeeek, I'm all choked up!

Talk amongst yourselves...

I'll give you a topic:

"Little Bunny Kung Fu will win the 2006 Caldecott Medal" discuss!

No comments: