Tuesday, June 21, 2005

New Jersey

Mike and I jetted up to NJ for Mom in law's big birthday, which I think she'd like me to remain hazy on details like the number of candles :)

She was so surprised, as we and the party were an orchestrated surprise. Luckily I'd brought my out dated CPR license, just in case the shock was too much. I was so surprised with how many people just had to come to the party, it was close to a hundred!

Now... I did a mental tally, and if included all of my close schoolgirl friends, their moms, my Sunday school teachers, my babysitters, my coaches, my basketball team, I dunno, the staff of Delicious Temptations my favorite eatery as a high schooler, I STILL don't think I'd have the turn out Sally did! She and Dad in law Bill are the social butterflies of Egg Harbor, NJ!

And as an early anniversary gift they got Mike and I a web camera so we can all get linked and watch each other in "real time" while we talk and instant message. We've played around with it, and it's neato! Of course, the backdrop behind the camera is MY desk, so guess who got a new incentive not to leave her desk a mess? (Hey biological parents, if this sounds cool, and it is, we'll have to figure how we can get linked up!)

No comments: