Sunday, June 12, 2005

Wrote another story!

While I can predict and plan for creating art, it's totally random when I write. Like today, I just got a bee in my bonnet, started thinking in rhyme and WHAMO I had a cute story called "Animal Dance."

Granted... it's not as plot heavy as LBKF or my When I Won the Zoo, but it'll be an illustrative feast, showing animals dancing by themselves, with other animals and with a few lucky/unlucky kids.

The one phrase that locked in the effort to bang out a story was:

"Now snap your fingers,
With the ring-tailed lemurs"

The bee might've left if I hadn't come up with that phrase! After that I was like, "Ok, where's the pen and paper..."

This is the first story I've written as more of a song. It has three verses with a chorus repeating.

I won't write the whole story on my blog, but the chorus is too fun:

"Animals dance,
Do-si-do, and prance,
By themselves, and two by two

Animals dance,
and given the chance,
They might even dance with you!"

Won't that be fun?!

No comments: